S6 firmware upgrade method (Need a windows pc to do this)
1. Open the official website of Shenzhen Manta Intelligent Technology Co., Ltd. (www.wingsland.com). (Ignore step1-3 as correct latest firmware in linked zip file updater at bottom of page)2. After entering the official website, select “S6” in the product bar to enter the S6 product related page.
3. Click “Download” to enter the firmware download page of S6.
Start from here:-
Remove SD card from S6. (Only because just in case it causes issues updating the S6)
4. Download the compressed package of S6 firmware upgrade program on the desktop, then right click on the compressed package and select “Extract to current folder”, then open the extracted folder and double-click to open the running program UsbUpdate, as shown below
You will see this box below
5. DO NOT FIT THE BATTERY TO THE S6!
Plug in a usb lead from computer to the S6
The window will become the blue font “device is connected”,
Then click “start”, there will be an upgrade progress bar prompt Upgrade progress
6. When the upgrade is complete, “Device is connected” will change to “Red device” “Device not connected”.
Your S6 now updated to a old version that came with the usb util from Wingsland.
After you connect your S6 to your phone, it will either nag you to upgrade to current firmware version, or if it does not then just go to the firmware menu in wingsland phone app and check for updates and it will say there is one. And install it.