Wingsland s6 zerotech 1104 motors

As we all stuck inside , I thought I would try a idea I had before and that is to mount zerotech dobby motors on the wingsland s6.

Result ??? = Total fail!

When I hit take off it climbed about 2 inches and would not go any higher, the Dobby 1104 4300kv motors no where near powerful enough to lift the weight of a s6.

Still thats another test crossed off the list.



Posted in Radio Control Models, Wingsland S6 | Leave a comment

Wingsland S6 3D printed Battery mod!

I recently was contacted by a guy called Chris and he told me of someone who had designed a 3d printed battery case and holder for a wingsland s6 battery.

I am going to link this at top of my website as I think this is a major help to anyone with a S6 and disapointed with the normal 5/6 mins flight time and wants longer and also cheaper batteries as S6 batteries are way over priced for dumb cells.

Also with this mod, you dont need to rip open your S6, but you will need a donor s6 battery for the mod as you will need the battery pcb and solder a connector as shown in photos below.

Heres 2 pics of the Battery mod and the holder for the battery that can fit underneath and hence one can use diferent and bigger batts.

These photos are not mine, they are Stefano’s (The designer) photos and his property and copyright.

If anyone else intrested in sending Stefano a donation for his 3d stl files so you can print out the above mods , contact me via the “contact us” tab on top of my website and I will pass on Stefano’s details.

Once again a very big Thanks to Cris for contacting me and letting me know about this great mod and also to Stefano for 3d designing it.

Posted in Radio Control Models, Wingsland S6 | Tagged , | Leave a comment

Missing questions

If you sent me a question from the contact us page and not heard anything,

can you please try again as I was not getting any notifications.

Its fixed now, sorry about that.



Posted in All Posts | Leave a comment

Flyaway Wingsland S6

Just got hold of another s6 that someone was getting shot of and think I might be able to see why!

My first test flight of this tried to head off to the moon!

Just very lucky I had tethered with string for a first flight test.

After only 1/2 mins it just shot up to the heavens and the R6 remote would not control it, and lucky I grabbed the end of the string and stopped it and it crashed into my roof and battery flew out and busted the props.

Thats my first ever (almost) flyaway I have had with any quadcopter.

For sure without being tethered god knows how high it would have gone.

Lucky enough I had phone screen recording on and went back through the phone video and could see exactly where it all went wrong!

Split second before it fly up on its own all normal and coming to end of battery.

And then a second later notice what the reading of height and vertical speed has jumped too!

So I assume that craft thought I better throttle up and off it went.

Now why did readings go so wonky????

This dont really use sonar when in outdoor mode and so I am thinking maybe the barometer??

Edit: Thinking about it as the height and v/s speed went mad, me thinking it is prob like other drones and bases that info on gps too. So could be some iffy gps data confused it.

But to check all these things a full strip down now required and also something else I noticed is the fan is not spinning , although dont think that had any effect on this issue as its still cold out this time of the year.

Crash investigation to contuine and will post what I find, as it may help others why come across this issue.

Happy flying 🙂





Posted in Radio Control Models, Wingsland S6 | Leave a comment

Simtoo XT175 Fairy drone

Just got hold of one of these Fairy drones for my intrest in small quads.

This is another which had bad reviews from most and wanted to see for myself, is it that bad and also can it be made to work better?

But before I go tinkering will try it out stock as is.

First flight was done inside and the optical flow seems to have a hard time and seems to suffer from overcompensating and ends up like a pendulum at times

When controlling with Transmitter and say you move to the side is swings back and you can see the pendulum effect even more.

But overall it held pretty well with altitude drifting now and then and also almost 15 mins flight time!

Below is a boring video of that flight for those intrested, next I will move on to testing outside before heading out to a field.

I know the range of this is supposed to be pretty bad, and will do a few mods before then.

Sorry about the poor Audio, my old Windows Lumia 1020 seems to record audio poor thesedays.



Posted in Radio Control Models, Simtoo XT175 Fairy drone | Leave a comment